Elizabeth Murphree, daughter of Daniel and Sarah Murphree, was born about 1753 in Bertie County, North Carolina. She reportedly married Solomon Barnes of Orange County, NC, a son of Brinsley and Elizabeth Barnes. A Solomon Barnes left a will in Wilks County, NC, dated 9 Feb 1804. She died after 7 Feb 1807.
The following may be the children of Elizabeth Murphree Barnes:
1. Reuben Barnes, b. c. 1763 Orange Co., NC, md. Isabel Greer (b. 1755, bur. Three Forks Baptist Cem., Alexander Co., NC, marker still readable). Children (at least): Elizabth ("Betsy") Barnes, md. 2 Feb 1808 Wilkes Co., NC, William Watts.
2. Lyda Barnes, md. _____ Isbell.
3. Charles Barnes
4. George Barnes
5. John Barnes, b. c. 1771-75 NC, md. 9 Jan 1800 Nancy Brown.
6. Rachel Barnes, md. _____ Brown, and d. before Feb 1807.
7. Sarah Barnes.
8. Solomon Barnes, b. 2 Nov 1779 Wilkes Co., NC.
9. Mary Barnes, b. 20 Dec 1781 Wilkes Co., NC, md. 4 Feb 1800 Wilkes Co., NC, Larkin Carley and d. 12 Nov 1864 Union Co., GA. According to Opal Watts Harrington, Carley was sometimes spelled Kerley in the early records. She said most of the descendants spell it Kerley today.
10. Peter Barnes, b. 3 Feb 1784 Alexander Co., NC, md. (1) 6 Feb 1806 Wilkes Co., NC, Martha Swaim, md. (2) 14 Apr 1817 Mary Elizabeth Bryant (b. 1 Jan 1799 NC, a dau. of Lewis Bryan and Elizabeth White.)
11. Ruth Barnes, b. 18 Dec 1785 Wilkes Co., NC, md. 9 Mar 1807 William Washington Chapman, and d. 25 Apr 1871 Ivylog, Union Co., GA.