Milley Murphree, daughter of Daniel and Sarah Murphree, was born c. 1760 and died after 29 Apr 1830 [likely] in Jones Co., GA.
She was likely born in Bertie County where her parents were living at the time. She married Lewis Wimberly. The Wimberlys were an early Bertie Co., NC, family. An Abraham Wimberly was on the 1757 tax list in Bertie County.
Milley Murphree Wimberly was named in the will of her father as Milley Murphree. This was in 1769.
In the 1830 will of Lewis Wimberly, his wife was Milly and his children were:
1. Lewis D. Wimberly.
2. John P. Wimberly.
3. Elizabeth Wimberly. A daughter md. George Childers of Washington Co., GA, and they settled in Summerfield, GA.
4. Sarah (Sally) Wimberly, md. _____ Mims.
5. Mary W. Wimberly, md. _____ Brantlem.
6. Oftitus (Titus) Wimberly, md. Martha _____, d. before 29 Apr. 1830. Children: Lewis T. Wimberly; Samuel Thomas Wimberly; and Milly E. Wimberly.
7. Leuremy Wimberly, md. Jacob Pinson. At least one dau: Elvira N. Pinson. Settled in Summerfield, GA.